Career Link Job Posting
Thanks for visiting and checking out our exclusive job postings.
How To Apply
|- Driver’s licence and vehicle required.|
Activities include participation in all phases of field operations for Zodiac tours, including:
- Pre and post trip logistics of zodiac tours: vessel and gear inspection, fueling, route planning, gear packing, food (on 6 + hour tours), clean up
- Safety and risk management practices: including mandatory client safety briefings, on board / on shore group management, first aid
- Interpretation of local history both First Nations and European and local flora and fauna
- Operating the Zodiac in a manner that is safe and appropriate to current
conditions, weather and clients on board
- Cleaning and maintaining gear
- Presentation of food on full day tours
- Routine in house maintenance and assist with coordination of professional
- Record keeping in boat logs, trip logs and other reports (incidents) as required
- Attendance at all staff meetings
QUALIFICATIONS and EXPERIENCE:
- Wilderness First Aid (40+ hours for lead), with CPR level C preferred OR Occupational First Aid w/ Marine Endorsement
- Restricted Marine RADIO Operators License or commercial VHF radio certificate
- Transport Canada SVOP certificate & MED A3 (or higher)
- Experience (3 plus years) traveling on inner coastal marine waters in small vessels 20’ to 30’
- Competency in anchoring and putting people ashore on rocky coastline
- Passion, knowledge of and experience in coastal marine flora and fauna, human history from precontact - settlers to today, captivating interpretation techniques and storytelling ability
- Previous guiding or hospitality industry experience beneficial
- A degree in one of the natural sciences is beneficial
- Strong leadership abilities in outdoor situations
- Driver's License required
Duties and Responsibilities
|- Recreational tours and transport|
- Seasonal (May 1 - September 15th, 2019), 4 days / week
- Departing Lund to locations including Desolation Sound, Copelands, Mitlenatch, Cortes, Redonda Islands and Toba Inlet, Savary and Powell River
- In business since 2001, we offer not only kayak tours, but also zodiac boat tours and hiking tours / support
to visitors from BC, Canada, US and Europe.
- We have a private launch site in the Lund Harbour and an office / retail space above Nancy's Bakery.
- We pride ourselves on offering high quality, small group, facilitated experiences with a focus on providing informative, meaningful tours.
- We work with local and visiting school districts as we are passionate about the power of the nature as a means for enriched holistic education.
Email resume / cover letter to Christine@terracentricadventures.com
Closing Date: Feb. 4, 2018
- Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. Thanks!
Career Link posts this position as a free service for the community. Career Link does not screen employers or applicants, and assumes no responsibility or liability for the job posting. Any arrangements are between the job seeker and the employer.