Career Link Job Posting
Thanks for visiting and checking out our exclusive job postings.
How To Apply
|- Technical Diploma or Bachelor of Science in Fisheries and Aquaculture preferred |
- Salmonid aquaculture experience
- Solid understanding of aquaculture regulations and compliance
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong mechanical and electrical skills are considered an asset
Terms of Employment:
- This is a full time, shift work position and as such, the candidate must be willing to work flexible hours
- Applicants must be comfortable working outside and in all types of weather and on and around water, boats and barges. Candidates should be physically fit and able to do heavy lifting
Compensation is commensurate with experience. Please reply with your resume and expected compensation level. A comprehensive benefits package will be offered after the successful completion of a three-month probationary period.
Duties and Responsibilities
|Duties: Duties & Responsibilities:|
- Conducting water quality testing and fish health sampling
- Feeding, grading, moving and harvesting of fish
- General site maintenance, assisting with repair and maintenance of existing systems, and assisting in construction of new projects
- Ensuring compliance with existing quality control and assurance standards
- Responding to alarms during normal shift hours and outside
|- Fish Technician Job Description West Coast Fishculture (Lois Lake) Ltd. (WCFC) is the premier producer of Steelhead salmon in British Columbia. WCFC's premium quality fish has been recognized for its sustainable rearing practices by the Vancouver Aquarium's Ocean Wise program. WCFC is a subsidiary of AgriMarine Holdings Inc., a fish producer and developer of sustainable aquaculture technology|
- WCFC is currently recruiting an experienced Fish Technician to join its team. The successful candidate will work in a hands-on, farm environment, where the main responsibilities of this position will entail monitoring and improving the health and performance of the fish, overseeing feeding practices and ensuring rearing system maintenance
- The candidate should possess fish farming experience and have a sound understanding of fish husbandry practices
Career Link posts this position as a free service for the community. Career Link does not screen employers or applicants, and assumes no responsibility or liability for the job posting. Any arrangements are between the job seeker and the employer.