Career Link Job Posting
Thanks for visiting and checking out our exclusive job postings.
How To Apply
|Activity Staff are responsible for creating a warm social environment for the seniors living at Kiwanis Garden Manor.|
The Summer Activity Assistant requires the following skills:
- Ability to develop good relationships with seniors, staff, volunteers, families and visitors
- Confidence and ability to lead programs and speak in front of large groups
- Create a warm and accepting environment for seniors and be able to adapt and modify activities to meet their needs as required
- Possess an upbeat and happy disposition
- Physical stamina for constant activity required
- Create fun and engaging games and activities that are appropriate for elderly seniors
Duties and Responsibilities
|- Kiwanis Garden Manor Seniors Assisted Living is seeking a summer Activity Assistant for 10 weeks (June 19th-Aug. 25th). Kiwanis is a three storey apartment complex for senior citizens and provides assistance with daily activities. |
- Activity team members contribute to the health and well-being of tenants by conducting enjoyable recreation programs
- This position is to assist the Activity Coordinator with the daily recreation program.
|Applicants must be: |
- A minimum of 16 years of age
- Have been a full-time student for the previous academic term and will be returning to full-time study in the coming academic year
- Able to commit to the entire 10 weeks of employment
- 32 hours per week
- Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday from 10:30am-5:30pm and Thursday, Friday from 10:30am-4:00pm
- There will be a couple of special events which may require additional hours in a day
- No weekend work will be required.
Career Link posts this position as a free service for the community. Career Link does not screen employers or applicants, and assumes no responsibility or liability for the job posting. Any arrangements are between the job seeker and the employer.