Career Link Job Posting
Thanks for visiting and checking out our exclusive job postings.
How To Apply
|- Driver’s licence and vehicle required.|
Qualities and Skills Required
- Physically fit, friendly, energetic and capable of strenuous exercise
- Strong commitment to providing quality personalized customer service
- Strong safety and risk management practices; sound decision making and seamanship skills
- Strong organizational & leadership skills, particularly in a group management situation including conflict
resolution skills; pre and post trip logistics, client briefings, route planning, gear preparations, food preparation and presentation, tour clean up, trip logs and paperwork
- Must be a paddler of sea kayaks with experience in inner coastal ocean waters
- Previous experience in hospitality / tourism industry an asset
- A passion for the marine environment and its related ecosystems and ability to share the stories of the place,
the land and its people; local knowledge of west coast flora and fauna
- Returning student to University / College preferred but not necessary
- Willing to learn with mentorship opportunities, if less experienced
- Wilderness First Aid min. 40 hours from reputable organization
- Sea Kayaking Day Guide or Sea Kayak AOG certification, (or be working towards obtaining your
qualification); Paddle Canada instructors certification an asset
- Restricted Marine Radio Operators (VHF) Certificate
- Time on the ocean in boats
Duties and Responsibilities
|- Provide recreational day tours and lessons, paddling to Copeland Islands Marine Park, Savary Island and Desolation Sound Marine Park|
- Customized overnight trips for school groups, families, specialty groups, seasonal May 1 - September 15th, 2019 for 4 - 5 days / week
- In business since 2001, we offer not only kayak tours, but also zodiac boat tours and hiking tours / support
to visitors from BC, Canada, US and Europe.
- We have a private launch site in the Lund Harbour and an office / retail space above Nancy's Bakery.
- We pride ourselves on offering high quality, small group, facilitated experiences with a focus on providing informative, meaningful tours.
- We work with local and visiting school districts as we are passionate about the power of the nature as a means for enriched holistic education.
Email resume / cover letter to Christine@terracentricadventures.com
Closing Date: Feb. 4, 2018
- Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. Thanks!
Career Link posts this position as a free service for the community. Career Link does not screen employers or applicants, and assumes no responsibility or liability for the job posting. Any arrangements are between the job seeker and the employer.