Career Link Job Posting
Thanks for visiting and checking out our exclusive job postings.
How To Apply
|non-profit organization |
Now Hiring! Summer Student for Sunshine Coast Tourism's Powell River Office
Digital Content Creator
Are you interested in social media & digital marketing?
Are you a student between the ages of 15-30, returning to full time studies in the fall?
Sunshine Coast Tourism is hiring a Digital Content Creator!
- Full time, 30 hours per week for 8 weeks; Subject to Canada Summer Jobs grant program rules
- As Sunshine Coast Tourism serves visitors from all over the world, a student who is multi-lingual, and can produce content as described above in a secondary language, is considered an asset.
Duties and Responsibilities
|The Digital Content Creator is responsible for developing content in the form of written copy, blogs, web pages, photography, video, and social media posts, to support the promotion of tourism for the Powell River Regional District portion of Sunshine Coast Tourism (includes small communities of Lund, Texada Island, Desolation Sound, Lang Bay, and Saltery Bay). |
The Digital Content Creator will focus on building content around three primary topics: aboriginal cultural tourism, local festivals and events, and environmental awareness for tourists. Specifically, the student will:
- Research these (& related) topics
- Prepare well-structured drafts using digital publishing platforms
- Create and distribute marketing copy & photography to promote tourism in the region
- Interview persons relevant to these topics and incorporate their stories into blog posts or videos
- Edit and proofread written pieces before publication
- Promote content on social networks and monitor engagement (e.g. comments and shares)
- Identify traveller's needs and recommend new topics
This position requires liasoning with the Marketing Team at Sunshine Coast Tourism, the Powell River Visitor Centre, local First Nations, Destination BC, local tourism businesses, and festival and event organizers.
|- This is a summer student position offered in accordance with the Canada Summer Jobs program. Student must be between the ages of 15-30, returning to school full time in the fall.|
Career Link posts this position as a free service for the community. Career Link does not screen employers or applicants, and assumes no responsibility or liability for the job posting. Any arrangements are between the job seeker and the employer.