WorkBC Powell River Job Posting
Thanks for visiting and checking out our exclusive job postings.
How To Apply
|- Driver’s licence and vehicle required.|
- Grade 12
- Completion of recognized recreational courses plus recent experience designing and delivering recreational programs preferred, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Demonstrated experience working successfully with populations impacted by homelessness, substance use disorder, mental health issues and/or other barriers to stable housing
- Current First Aid and CPR (OFA level 1), Naloxone Training, Non-Violent Crisis Intervention or MANDT Training and FOODSAFE Level 1 are an asset
- Ability to work in a harm reduction environment which includes a witnessed consumption area, as well as familiarization with the principles of harm reduction.
- Ability to teach.
- Ability to organize work.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to deal with others effectively.
- Ability to operate related equipment.
Duties and Responsibilities
|- Carries out individual or group leisure activities based on client care plan|
- Demonstrates and teaches the techniques of a variety of social, educational, creativity and behavioural skills
- Accompanies clients on outings and co-ordinates transportation during activities
- Assists clients with practicing daily living skills
- Encourages clients to participate in relevant decision-making
- Encourages clients to take responsibility in their day to day living by asking them to independently carry out basic tasks within their current functioning level
- Reports relevant observations of client’ progress and behaviour by methods such as communicating concerns and/or changes of client's condition to the care team.
- Reviews goals of clients on a regular basis and provides suggestions for change or modifications to existing programs as appropriate.
- Maintains a clean, safe work environment by practicing good housekeeping habits
- Questions? Contact Kim Markel at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Hours: 1-2 positions available for 35 hours per week
- Benefits: Competitive extended health benefits and an up to 4% matching RSP plan
- Work Site: Supportive Housing, Powell River
Lift Community Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or genetic information.
WorkBC Powell River posts this position as a free service for the community. WorkBC Powell River does not screen employers or applicants, and assumes no responsibility or liability for the job posting. Any arrangements are between the job seeker and the employer.