WorkBC Powell River Job Posting
Thanks for visiting and checking out our exclusive job postings.
How To Apply
|Job qualifications include (if you do not have all of these, but demonstrate you are a good fit for the position, Strive may be able assist you to acquire some of these requirements):|
- Class 5 BC Driver’s License required and clean driver’s abstract
- Minimum of 1-year of experience (or combination of education and experience)
- Positive Behaviour Management Training
- Criminal Record Check Clearance
- First Aid and CPR Certificate
- Food Safe Certificate
- Able to work shifts up to 8 hours, which cover 7 days a week
The ideal applicant shall possess:
- Knowledge and experience working with individuals with developmental disabilities, physical disabilities, mental health concerns, and behaviours
- An understanding of the needs and barriers faced by individuals with various abilities
- Command of English language with ability to communicate effectively and complete daily documentation
- Ability to understand and follow health care plans, personal protocols, schedules, and activities
- Ability to follow policies and procedures, including health and safety policies
- An understanding of the difference between creating independence vs. creating dependence
- Competence to safely accompany/transport individuals to appointments and activities in the community
- Knowledge and experience with community resources, integration, and teaching life skills
- The physical ability to perform all the duties required of the position
Duties and Responsibilities
|We support individuals who have developmental delays, who are on the Autism Spectrum, may have physical disabilities or some mental health issues. Paid and unpaid experience will be considered.|
|Are you looking for a rewarding and an exciting career in Social Services and Community Living?|
Strive Living Society (Strive) is seeking caring and enthusiastic individuals to join our progressive non-profit organization as a Support Worker working within homes and day programs in the community.
Strive is a non-profit registered charity providing residential and community inclusion supports to children, youth, adults, and older adults since 1988. If you can relate to our mission and vision, we want you to work for us!
Strive’s Mission is “To partner with individuals of diverse abilities to lead healthy, fulfilling lives by providing a foundation of support.”
Strive’s Vision is “Building a continuum of services to support the needs of individuals at every stage of life.”
Strive offers fully paid benefits benefits*, great learning and development opportunities, and an engaging, positive environment for a long term career.
Why work for Strive?
- A $100 probation bonus
- Employer paid Criminal Record Check Clearance
- Paid orientations
- Paid trainings and professional development
- Employer paid extended health and dental benefits including prescription medication, paraprofessional services, vision, etc. *
- Employer paid Employee and Family Assistance Program (EFAP)
- Competitive starting compensation with regular advances $20.93/hr
- Flexible schedules to accommodate life/work balance
- Referral bonus program
- Inclusive environment with team building events and cultural celebrations
- Health and wellness activities and incentives
- Milestone rewards
- Access to community member discounts
- Ongoing support, mentoring, and recognition to help with engagement and career growth
*Some benefits have eligibility requirements of surpassing three (3) months and securing a regular position of 20hrs/week or more. The benefits and criteria may change from time to time at the discretion of Strive.
Due to the sensitive nature of the work and a Public Health Order, Strive requires all successful applicants to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Acceptance of employment indicates an understanding and consent to disclosing this information supported by evidence of vaccination status.
Strive ensures the health and safety of all employees by acting with an abundance of caution and adhering to guidelines from the Ministry of Health, mandating regular safety training, and providing employees with access to personal protective equipment.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Strive Living Society is an equal opportunity employer which does not discriminate against age, gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion, or disability.
Strive Living Society is grateful to operate on the traditional and unceded territories of the Coast Salish Nations.
WorkBC Powell River posts this position as a free service for the community. WorkBC Powell River does not screen employers or applicants, and assumes no responsibility or liability for the job posting. Any arrangements are between the job seeker and the employer.