WorkBC Powell River Job Posting
Thanks for visiting and checking out our exclusive job postings.
How To Apply
|- Strong accounting knowledge to handle a complete accounting cycle in a centralized environment.|
- A minimum of 3 years of relevant accounting experience in the hotel industry.
- Must be efficient. Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment and maintain a high-level attention to detail. Self-motivated and able to manage people and processes.
- Must have strong customer support orientation (for internal/external customers), demonstrate professional demeanor, and the ability to maintain confidential information.
- Impeccable integrity and ethics. Trustworthy and discrete. Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Above average proficiency/familiarity with computerized systems, as well as budgetary analysis capabilities required.
- Working knowledge of accounting principles, including budgeting and forecasting. Strong knowledge in Account Reconciliation, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Payroll Processes, etc.
- Exceptionally well-organized, able to adapt quickly to competing and changing priorities while closely monitoring critical dates and departmental obligations. Must have strong skills in planning, demonstrated ability to work independently and exercise sound judgment and problem solving.
- Experience with Sage Accounting Software is preferred
Duties and Responsibilities
|- To provide information to the Board as required;|
- To assist in the preparation of the Hotelís business plan;
- To provide budget information to determine operational targets and decisions;
- To monitor operational expenditures in conjunction with approved budgets;
- To establish and maintain a system of internal controls and accounting which provides the most effective control over Hotelsí assets, liabilities, revenues and expenditures in accordance with established procedures;
- To accurately post revenues and expenditures;
- To reconcile all supplier accounts, to post payables, and to pay vendors in accordance with due dates and cash flow projections;
- To monitor city ledger and guest ledger transactions, and to collect all receivables on a timely basis;
- To set up, track, record, and process all payrolls; to handle related HR and benefit matters as required;
- To manage month-end accounting processes including account reconciliations, inventories, accruals and balance sheet analysis;
- To ensure the Hotelsí necessary licences and renewals are in accordance with the local laws;
- To ensure the accuracy of night audit transactions and monitor their adherence to proper procedures;
- To ensure timely distribution of all daily reports;
- Establish and maintain a proper filing system for all documents related to Hotelsí sales and expenses;
- To lead the hotel Management with forecasting, annual budgets, financial analysis and project proposals;
- To ensure all Hotelsí contracts have proper authorization, negotiations for renewal and are properly filed and are easily available for corporate review;
- To ensure that there is an effective system of purchasing, receiving, and control of supplies in place at all times with proper requisition procedures;
- To ensure that usual and exceptional purchases are approved consistent with the budgeting and forecasting system;
- To ensure all accounting procedures comply with company standards;
- To provide month-end packages and assist in the preparation of financial statements.
WorkBC Powell River posts this position as a free service for the community. WorkBC Powell River does not screen employers or applicants, and assumes no responsibility or liability for the job posting. Any arrangements are between the job seeker and the employer.