WorkBC Powell River Job Posting
Thanks for visiting and checking out our exclusive job postings.
How To Apply
|- Work easily and effectively with an engaged and multi-faceted community|
- Demonstrate high-level verbal and written communication skills
- Offer exceptional organizational skills and the willingness to act on opportunities to promote and grow the business of the hub as opportunities arise.
- Entrepreneurial minded, adaptable, personable and professional individual with a strong facilitative nature.
- Undergraduate degree in business administration or related field
- Community development experience in either the private or non-profit sectors
- 4 years’ experience in administration, operations, marketing and sales
- Min. 2 years project management experience
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills and leadership/team-building abilities
-Skilled in MS Office suite, preferably with publishing software, and social media
- Content management skills in Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn and other sites as needed
- Organized & results-focused
- High attention to detail and accuracy of information
- Proactive, positive, and outgoing
- Entrepreneurial minded
- Respectful and discerning
- Flexible and ability to adapt to change
Additional Desired Skills and Qualities:
- Experience working as a member of a coworking space
- Having started and operated one’s own business
- Experience in event and workshop planning and creative abilities to support members in animating the space
All qualified applicants are invited to apply. We thank all applicants, however we will only contact those applicants selected for an interview.
Duties and Responsibilities
|- As manager of the coworking space, you will have an overall responsibility to meet the needs of the individual and collective coworking members by creating and maintaining an inviting and engaging environment for all coworking members. You will be expected to lead quarterly community meetings with its members and to support a positive dynamic space and, as well, organize and run regular community engagement events. |
- Day-to-Day Operations and Office Administration: You will support the daily space needs of the coworking members and act as a point of contact for both members and the public. This will include: 1) greeting members and guests, 2) responding to enquiries, 3) handling the onboarding process of new members, and 4) managing invoices and accounts. You will also be addressing any equipment or service related issues and keeping the space orderly and well- functioning for its members.
- Your job will be to manage the programming budget and to coordinate the delivery of the various program streams within the Entrepreneurial Ecosystem Development Program (EESD). This will include working with the Stakeholder Engagement Coordinator on organizing special stakeholder and community engagement events related to the EESD program.
- You will be responsible for managing the operational and programming budget and to provide regular reports to the steering committee on the coworking community and general operations. You will collaborate with both the steering committee and coworkers on developing codes of conduct, operational policies and procedures to guide the hub-members’ use of space within the first 6 months of operations.
- You will be responsible for soliciting new coworkers, maintaining a list of potential new members and working collaboratively with the Social Media Coordinator to develop regular content for the social media platform and website.
|The Powell River Creative Economy and Innovation Initiative will be launching a new community driven coworking and entrepreneurial programming space in Powell River October 15th, 2019. The coworking space will house up to 16 independent workers, freelancers and entrepreneurs and will offer a range of workshops, events and training programs focusing on entrepreneurial development, innovation, and the creative economy. |
The Initiative is looking; for a community minded candidate to coordinate the activities of the new coworking space and associated program delivery on a part-time basis.
WorkBC Powell River posts this position as a free service for the community. WorkBC Powell River does not screen employers or applicants, and assumes no responsibility or liability for the job posting. Any arrangements are between the job seeker and the employer.