WorkBC Powell River Job Posting
Thanks for visiting and checking out our exclusive job postings.
How To Apply
|- Planning, Judgement and Decision Making|
- Independent thinking as it relates to organizing store
- Problem solving is essential to ensure customer satisfaction
- Plan work to maximize efficiency and minimize costs
- Stock appropriate inventory levels Experience
- Customer service oriented
- Computer literate
- Efficient time management skills
- Familiarity with retail business
- Knowledge of products and supplies
- Commitment to providing customer service
- Ability to work flexible shifts which may include nights and weekends
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
- Ability to climb ladder
The above statement reflects the general details considered necessary to describe the principal functions and duties as required for proper evaluation of the job and shall not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be inherent in the job.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Managing the customer service functions, including cash, cashiers and merchandising
- Ensures cashier/merchandising staff comply with all store policies and operating procedures
- Trains cashiers/merchandisers in job functions • Provides on-going guidance and instruction Loss Prevention
- Ensures all loss prevention standards are implemented, manages daily cash office inventory and cashier tracking, tracking sheets, PC Optimum procedures Customer Service
- Ensures store employees present proper image to the public in accordance with Uniform Policy and Dress Code Guidelines (ie. clean appearance, approved uniform, name badge)
- Answers enquiries regarding location of product, rainchecks, etc.
- Resolves customer issues according to established guidelines (refunds, exchanges, etc.)
- Promotes the CSI Survey Merchandising
- Ensures shelves are clean and organized with proper rotation
- Ensures product displays are set up and taken down as directed by the AFSM/FSM
- Monitors inventory level and informs AFSM/FSM
- Puts up and takes down flyer/event POP as per the POP Placement/Hot Spot documents located on the In-Store Web
- Maintains cleanliness and ensure washrooms are stock with proper items throughout the shift ie. toilet paper/paper towel
- Ensures standards of housekeeping and store image are maintained
- Complies with all Health and Safety requirements: supervises employees to ensure correct work procedures are followed, communicates hazard information and control procedures, consults employees and provides feedback to management, cooperates with Health and Safety committee or representative, holds accountable any employees reporting to them.
- May be asked to perform clerical and banking duties
- Complies with all store policies and procedures
- Complies with loss prevention policies and procedures and ensures they are executed in the store
- Perform other duties as required including Cashier duties when necessary
- Runs the end of day for the POS system
- Responsible for opening and closing the store as per key holder duties (as required)
WorkBC Powell River posts this position as a free service for the community. WorkBC Powell River does not screen employers or applicants, and assumes no responsibility or liability for the job posting. Any arrangements are between the job seeker and the employer.