WorkBC Powell River Job Posting
Thanks for visiting and checking out our exclusive job postings.
How To Apply
|- Driver’s licence required.|
Qualifications and Experience:
- Current practicing registration with the College of Registered Nurses of BC (CRNBC)
- Bachelorís Degree in Nursing
- Completion of specialty nursing certificate/certified practice (CRNBC)
- 2 years recent, related public health nursing experience
- Valid BC Driver's License
- Successful Criminal Record Check
Duties and Responsibilities
|Knowledge, Skills & Abilities: |
- Comprehensive knowledge of public health nursing theory and procedures
- Knowledge of community development and health promotion principles and practices
- Knowledge of informed nursing practice related to normal growth and development
- Knowledge of Indigenous health and wellness challenges and issues
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate with a vast network of clientele, coworkers and other professional health care staff
The position is casual (on call basis). The Public Health Nurse is a key member of the health care team primarily responsible for promoting and protecting the optimal health, well-being and safety for families during all stages of life through universal targeted programming. There may be opportunity to work casually in the Home and Community Care department as well depending on skill set and available duties.
|- Please note: The position is 0.6 FTE, or 3 days per week|
- The option to work up to full time hours may also be available
WorkBC Powell River posts this position as a free service for the community. WorkBC Powell River does not screen employers or applicants, and assumes no responsibility or liability for the job posting. Any arrangements are between the job seeker and the employer.